Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rex Does Kongai: Shifting Goalposts

I know I said I wanted to be done with this by the end of the month but, alas, I wasn't able to make that deadline. But there's not much more left. I have to move out the final bits of flavor, update all the cards, and push out one final patch and, then, to tie everything up in a neat bow as one finished product. The thing is I have most of that work done already. It's just not in completely final form. Rather, it's all outlined or jotted down somewhere and I only need to take the time to write it all up and smooth it all out. If I'd stayed up all night the past few nights, I might well already be done. Or if I'd had another hour or some extra motivation here or there, I might have gotten more done.

So, I'm extending my deadline by a little bit and I'm going to continue to work on this through the weekend or until it's done whichever comes first. It shouldn't take me that long and, fortunately, it's mostly the creative stuff that's left. Writing out the stories and appearances that I can use as exercises to get the pen moving again whenever I need a quick burst.

The project will be better for it, too, since I'll be able to take a bit more time and not rush to get it all done. Not much left and a chance to do it right, I think I've talked myself into it. Ah, it's not like I had much else to do, anyway.

No comments: