Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Mule Syndrome

Headed off to watch the Wings game. Stay excellent to each other and all (Including the tumbleweeds). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to score any tickets this time around (The Arena might not be full but the seats are sure selling out) so, instead, I'm just going to find a good bar to watch things unfold in.

I expect the Wings are going to close it out today (Which of course means they're going down in flames). They're been amazing at home this post-season. Undefeated, outscoring the opposition 3 to 1, the list goes on and on as to why there's no real cause for concern here. But, still, I'd feel a lot better if Johan "Goal a Game" Franzen was playing. He's out against with concussion symptoms for the 5th game in a row now. The Wings are a good team without him but having him in the line-up makes their second line a force to be reckoned with. And that makes their top line of Datsyuk and Zetterberg (Not exactly players to scoff at, either.) and the match-up problems they create all that much more deadly. Really hope he can make it back soon, if not for a crucial Game 7 then at least for what's looking like a Cup series against the Penguins. They need him.

But, we'll find out. Or at least I might if I don't drink myself silly while trying to steady my nerves. The resulting drunken stupor will probably mean I'm done for the day. And I should mention that I'm going to be doing some traveling for the next few days so you probably won't hear from me for a little while. I'm going to bring the old laptop around and maybe get some stuff done but, then again, maybe I just won't. Either way, should be back by Thursday or Saturday at the latest. Until then.

No comments: