Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Good Question

Moby. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? You listen now.


Homemade video but I actually like it better than the official one which is weirdly animated fluff. This one kinda captures the mood a little better, I think.


Play was, I believe, the last album I ever bought. It's still one of the few I keep within easy reach for a quick shot of emotional control. There's a reason it's the most licensed recording ever – it's just solid mood setting, tone establishing piece after piece. Been on constant spin for me lately. I say last album even though I've certainly purchased music since. It's just that around that time I was cluing into the whole filesharing and digital media and that soon meant the album was dead letter for me.


Incidentally, while looking for that clip I discovered that Kelis – you know, the Milkshake girl – has recorded a cover. A cover for some other songs from Play, too, like Honey. I have yet to find them online, though...

No comments: